Watsu-trained therapists, Sonoran mud wraps and Jojoba body butter massages a little out of your price range? Relax. No need to stress — there are ways to experience indulgence at a discount. Here are four.
1. Why not DIY? Search for at-home spa treatments online. Find great recipes and ideas for facials, massages, and exfoliation treatments like the Coffee Body Scrub. Simply mix 2 cups of ground coffee, ½ cup of raw sugar or sea salt and 2-3 Tablespoons of massage oil. Moisten your skin with a hot shower. Rub the coffee mixture onto your skin using a circular motion. Rinse your skin, dry off, and apply moisturizer. If you decide to take the at-home route, a comfy, soft robe is a must. Check out Amazon.com for a spa robe at a price that won't leave you stressed.
2. Give a student someone to practice on. Just about every town has a beauty or massage school. Look through the yellow pages and find one that welcomes the public for appointments. You'll get a deeply-discounted hair style, massage or manicure, and the student gets much-needed practice. Everyone wins.
3. Hit the gym. But instead of heading straight to the elliptical, check out what you may have been missing. Is there a steam room or a sauna? Bring a good read, a soft towel and relax.
4. Set the scene. Invest in some aromatherapy candles. Turn on some mood music. Add some bubbles to a hot bath. Sit back, relax, and think of all the money you're saving.
By Alison Storm
* Hot deals expire quickly. This deal may no longer be valid.
Celebrate the holiday a little early with the Labor Day Sale at Walmart. They’ve pulled select merchandise from almost every department as all as thrown in a few “special buys” to make for one huge sale! A few of the Bargainist Best Bets are a $50 savings on the Apple iPad mini 16GB Wi-Fi for $199 (reg. $249), Scott 1000 Bathroom Tissue - 20 Rolls for only $12.97, and the Canon PIXMA MG2520 Photo All-in-One Inkjet Printer for $25.59. Sale’s ending is unknown.
Tell your friends about The Bargainist!