Watsu-trained therapists, Sonoran mud wraps and Jojoba body butter massages a little out of your price range? Relax. No need to stress — there are ways to experience indulgence at a discount. Here are four.
1. Why not DIY? Search for at-home spa treatments online. Find great recipes and ideas for facials, massages, and exfoliation treatments like the Coffee Body Scrub. Simply mix 2 cups of ground coffee, ½ cup of raw sugar or sea salt and 2-3 Tablespoons of massage oil. Moisten your skin with a hot shower. Rub the coffee mixture onto your skin using a circular motion. Rinse your skin, dry off, and apply moisturizer. If you decide to take the at-home route, a comfy, soft robe is a must. Check out Amazon.com for a spa robe at a price that won't leave you stressed.
2. Give a student someone to practice on. Just about every town has a beauty or massage school. Look through the yellow pages and find one that welcomes the public for appointments. You'll get a deeply-discounted hair style, massage or manicure, and the student gets much-needed practice. Everyone wins.
3. Hit the gym. But instead of heading straight to the elliptical, check out what you may have been missing. Is there a steam room or a sauna? Bring a good read, a soft towel and relax.
4. Set the scene. Invest in some aromatherapy candles. Turn on some mood music. Add some bubbles to a hot bath. Sit back, relax, and think of all the money you're saving.
By Alison Storm
* Hot deals expire quickly. This deal may no longer be valid.
There's only a short time to get in on substantial savings at Macy's. Join in their One Day Sale with some of the biggest discounts of the season on apparel, shoes, furniture and more throughout the store. In addition, all Clearance is displaying an extra 25% off. And don't forget about the Web Busters. There shoppers will find can't live without buys on items like 1/2 ct. tw. Diamond Stud Earrings in 14K White Gold for $199, a Keurig K45 Single Serve Brewer Elite for $99.99, and Tools of the Trade Stainless Steel 12 Pc. Cookware Set for $39.99. Join in this awesome sale soon, it's ending is 04/16/2014.
Stores: 20x200, 6pm, Amazon, Apple Store, American Eagle, Banana Republic, Best Buy, Buy.com, Dell, Eastbay, eBags, Eddie Bauer, Endless.com, Home Depot, H&R Block, Kohl's, Macy's, Old Navy, Restaurant.com, Sandals, Shoes.com, Target, Tommy Hilfiger, Toys 'R' Us, Urban Outfitters, Wal-Mart (See more)
Tell your friends about The Bargainist!
Grab our widget for your Blog or Facebook!