Watsu-trained therapists, Sonoran mud wraps and Jojoba body butter massages a little out of your price range? Relax. No need to stress — there are ways to experience indulgence at a discount. Here are four.
1. Why not DIY? Search for at-home spa treatments online. Find great recipes and ideas for facials, massages, and exfoliation treatments like the Coffee Body Scrub. Simply mix 2 cups of ground coffee, ½ cup of raw sugar or sea salt and 2-3 Tablespoons of massage oil. Moisten your skin with a hot shower. Rub the coffee mixture onto your skin using a circular motion. Rinse your skin, dry off, and apply moisturizer. If you decide to take the at-home route, a comfy, soft robe is a must. Check out Amazon.com for a spa robe at a price that won't leave you stressed.
2. Give a student someone to practice on. Just about every town has a beauty or massage school. Look through the yellow pages and find one that welcomes the public for appointments. You'll get a deeply-discounted hair style, massage or manicure, and the student gets much-needed practice. Everyone wins.
3. Hit the gym. But instead of heading straight to the elliptical, check out what you may have been missing. Is there a steam room or a sauna? Bring a good read, a soft towel and relax.
4. Set the scene. Invest in some aromatherapy candles. Turn on some mood music. Add some bubbles to a hot bath. Sit back, relax, and think of all the money you're saving.
By Alison Storm
* Hot deals expire quickly. This deal may no longer be valid.
It's that time of year when skin really need sto look it's best and the best way to do that is with quality skin care. Get just that from Philosophy during their Spring Cleaning Sale. Merchandise in this awesome even has had prices slashed by up to 50% off and includes perfumes, bubble baths, body scrubs and more. A few Bargainist Best Bets includes the Sweet Orange Salt Body Scrub shown here for $7.50 (reg. $15), several solid perfumes for $15 (reg. $30), and Lavender & Rosemary Hand Lotion for $10 (reg. $20). Sale's ending is unknown, shop soon for best selections.
Stores: 20x200, 6pm, Amazon, Apple Store, American Eagle, Banana Republic, Best Buy, Buy.com, Dell, Eastbay, eBags, Eddie Bauer, Endless.com, Home Depot, H&R Block, Kohl's, Macy's, Old Navy, Restaurant.com, Sandals, Shoes.com, Target, Tommy Hilfiger, Toys 'R' Us, Urban Outfitters, Wal-Mart (See more)
Tell your friends about The Bargainist!
Grab our widget for your Blog or Facebook!