Watsu-trained therapists, Sonoran mud wraps and Jojoba body butter massages a little out of your price range? Relax. No need to stress — there are ways to experience indulgence at a discount. Here are four.
1. Why not DIY? Search for at-home spa treatments online. Find great recipes and ideas for facials, massages, and exfoliation treatments like the Coffee Body Scrub. Simply mix 2 cups of ground coffee, ½ cup of raw sugar or sea salt and 2-3 Tablespoons of massage oil. Moisten your skin with a hot shower. Rub the coffee mixture onto your skin using a circular motion. Rinse your skin, dry off, and apply moisturizer. If you decide to take the at-home route, a comfy, soft robe is a must. Check out Amazon.com for a spa robe at a price that won't leave you stressed.
2. Give a student someone to practice on. Just about every town has a beauty or massage school. Look through the yellow pages and find one that welcomes the public for appointments. You'll get a deeply-discounted hair style, massage or manicure, and the student gets much-needed practice. Everyone wins.
3. Hit the gym. But instead of heading straight to the elliptical, check out what you may have been missing. Is there a steam room or a sauna? Bring a good read, a soft towel and relax.
4. Set the scene. Invest in some aromatherapy candles. Turn on some mood music. Add some bubbles to a hot bath. Sit back, relax, and think of all the money you're saving.
By Alison Storm
* Hot deals expire quickly. This deal may no longer be valid.
Walmart has dropped the price on their PlayStation 4 Disney Infinity 3.0 Limited Edition Star Wars 500GB Console Bundle by $100, bringing the final price in at just $349 (reg. $449). This bundle includes an exclusive Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Edition Bundle Kit, but also a voucher containing four Star Wars Classics – Super Star Wars, Star Wars: Racer Revenge, Jedi Starfighter and Star Wars Bounty Hunter. Offer’s ending is unknown, order now to ensure one being put under your tree this holiday season!
Tell your friends about The Bargainist!