For the budget-conscious, clothing is a necessity that can often cost too much. We need decent clothes, but we don't want to spend an arm and a leg to get them. It's possible to find cheap clothing, but be warned: you aren't going to get the top of the line fashions. If you're willing to sacrifice a little in terms of fashion, you can get some good, simple stuff for cheap. Here's how.
1. Thrift shops. One of the cheapest ways to get clothes is at a thrift shop. There are probably a variety of them in your area, if you look in the yellow pages or look around town. I like the charities, such as Goodwill or Salvation Army (or Oxfam if you're in Britain). Sure, it's used, but it's clean, and the clothes are often in very good condition, for just a couple of dollars. You can't beat that deal.
2. Craigslist.com. Probably our favorite site for finding free or cheap stuff, you search or browse through your area's Craigslist and see what people have to offer. Garage or yard sales are also good places for cheap, used clothing.
3. Friends and family. Get into the habit of trading old clothes with your friends and family. Are your kids too big for some clothes? Give them to kids who can fit them. Want to get rid of a bunch of your own clothes? See if any friends and family want them. And ask them to do the same. You can end up with bags of free, quality clothes — sometimes never worn!
4. Online sites, bargain section. Most of the online brand stores have sale or bargain sections on their website, and you can find some great deals here. One of our favorites is Old Navy, which is pretty cheap to begin with, but when you go to their bargain section, you can get some decent clothes for just a few bucks.
5. Cheap stores. Some stores are just cheap to begin with. Some favorites include Kohl's, TK Max, and Target. Sure, not all of the quality is high end, but if you spend some time looking around, you can find some really good stuff.
7. Clearance and closeouts. Keep an eye out in your local paper for local stores having clearance sales or closeout sales. Prices can be slashed by 50% or more.
9. eBay. How can you have a list of cheap clothes and not include eBay? Everything from Gucci to Gap can be found on everyone's favorite auction site.
9. The Bargainist. Last but not least, keep an eye on The Bargainist for the lastest sales and deals.
* Hot deals expire quickly. This deal may no longer be valid.
It's all treats and no tricks at many retailers this Halloween. Here you'll find a list of stores and restaurants we've comprised that are offering up special deals and maybe even a freebie or two to celebrate the spooky holiday. Keep checking back, we'll be adding new ones as we find them!
Barnes & Noble - Free Halloween storytime on 10/31/2014. Contact local stores for times.
Bass Pro Shops - Free 4x6 photos & Halloween activities for kids from now through 10/31/2014.
Chipolte - Participating restaurants are offering a $3 "boorito" to those that arrive in a costume. Offer valid from 5PM to close on 10/31/2014.
IHOP - Free Scary Face Pancake for kids 12 & under on 10/31/2014 only from 7AM to 10PM.
Krispy Kreme - Free doughnut to customers in full costume. Only on 10/31/2014 at participating restaurants.
LEGO Stores - Free Halloween sticker for kids in costume on 10/31/2014.
Outback Steakhouse - Free kids meals w/purchase of adult meal. Limited to kids 10 & under and 2 free kids meals in a visit. Participating restaurants on 10/31/2014 only.
Sonic - 50 Cent corn dogs all day on 10/31/2014.
Wendy's - Halloween coupon booklets are only $1. This book contains coupons good for free Jr. Frostys. Of special note: 90 cents of the purchase price goes to the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption. Offer's ending is unknown.
Stores: 20x200, 6pm, Amazon, Apple Store, American Eagle, Banana Republic, Best Buy, Buy.com, Dell, Eastbay, eBags, Eddie Bauer, Endless.com, Home Depot, H&R Block, Kohl's, Macy's, Old Navy, Restaurant.com, Sandals, Shoes.com, Target, Tommy Hilfiger, Toys 'R' Us, Urban Outfitters, Wal-Mart (See more)
Tell your friends about The Bargainist!
Grab our widget for your Blog or Facebook!