For the budget-conscious, clothing is a necessity that can often cost too much. We need decent clothes, but we don't want to spend an arm and a leg to get them. It's possible to find cheap clothing, but be warned: you aren't going to get the top of the line fashions. If you're willing to sacrifice a little in terms of fashion, you can get some good, simple stuff for cheap. Here's how.
1. Thrift shops. One of the cheapest ways to get clothes is at a thrift shop. There are probably a variety of them in your area, if you look in the yellow pages or look around town. I like the charities, such as Goodwill or Salvation Army (or Oxfam if you're in Britain). Sure, it's used, but it's clean, and the clothes are often in very good condition, for just a couple of dollars. You can't beat that deal.
2. Craigslist.com. Probably our favorite site for finding free or cheap stuff, you search or browse through your area's Craigslist and see what people have to offer. Garage or yard sales are also good places for cheap, used clothing.
3. Friends and family. Get into the habit of trading old clothes with your friends and family. Are your kids too big for some clothes? Give them to kids who can fit them. Want to get rid of a bunch of your own clothes? See if any friends and family want them. And ask them to do the same. You can end up with bags of free, quality clothes — sometimes never worn!
4. Online sites, bargain section. Most of the online brand stores have sale or bargain sections on their website, and you can find some great deals here. One of our favorites is Old Navy, which is pretty cheap to begin with, but when you go to their bargain section, you can get some decent clothes for just a few bucks.
5. Cheap stores. Some stores are just cheap to begin with. Some favorites include Kohl's, TK Max, and Target. Sure, not all of the quality is high end, but if you spend some time looking around, you can find some really good stuff.
7. Clearance and closeouts. Keep an eye out in your local paper for local stores having clearance sales or closeout sales. Prices can be slashed by 50% or more.
9. eBay. How can you have a list of cheap clothes and not include eBay? Everything from Gucci to Gap can be found on everyone's favorite auction site.
9. The Bargainist. Last but not least, keep an eye on The Bargainist for the lastest sales and deals.
* Hot deals expire quickly. This deal may no longer be valid.
Beauty may only be skin deep, but the deals at Sally Beauty go much deeper than that! Now is the time to get stocked up on must used beauty products, including hair care, skin care, tools and more, as coupon code 555264 will slash 25% off an entire order of $50 or more. Just be sure to use it before it's ending on 05/23/2013. As an extra bonus, these orders of $50 or more will also ship free.
Stores: 20x200, 6pm, Amazon, Apple Store, American Eagle, Banana Republic, Best Buy, Buy.com, Dell, Eastbay, eBags, Eddie Bauer, Endless.com, Home Depot, H&R Block, Kohl's, Macy's, Old Navy, Restaurant.com, Sandals, Shoes.com, Target, Tommy Hilfiger, Toys 'R' Us, Urban Outfitters, Wal-Mart (See more)
Tell your friends about The Bargainist!
Grab our widget for your Blog or Facebook!