iPods are all the rage these days, and just recently Apple announced its new line of iPods, just in time for the holiday season. Unfortunately, iPods aren't exactly cheap, especially if you want the latest model. To get an iPod at rock-bottom prices, you have to make some sacrifices. Here's where to look.
1. Get the old model. While the new models that just came out are cool and can do more than ever before, the last models were considered top-of-the-line until recently. Which means they're still great. And yet, they're lots cheaper. If you can stand to not have the latest model, look for a good deal on the previous models at places like Amazon and the online Apple Store.
2. Used. If you really want a good deal, get a used iPod. You'll get the cheapest prices, and it's often in excellent condition. Try the best three places for used stuff: Craigslist, eBay, and Amazon. If the seller has a good reputation, you'll probably get a good product at great prices.
3. Refurbished. These iPods are almost as good as new. They were slightly used, and then given new parts in order to make them just like a brand new model. The best place to get a factory reconditioned iPod, with a full 1-year warranty, is directly from Apple.
4. Mr. Dealio. One of the best sites for finding cheap electronics, Mr. Dealio will track the prices of a product for you. Keep an eye on the iPod model you want, and if you're patient, you can find a good deal, even on the latest models.
5. Discounts and Coupons. If you keep an eye on The Bargainist, and get to know who carries new iPods, you can score a great deal with a coupon code. One of the best places to get a discounted iPod is Target.com. They nearly always have some sort of storewide coupon available. For example, right now you can use coupon code TGTAFLAF to save 10% off an entire order — or up to $40 off an iPod.
* Hot deals expire quickly. This deal may no longer be valid.
There’s still plenty of cold weather left this season that this next sale at The Sports Authority would come in handy. Select jackets from makers like The North Face, Columbia, Gerry and Slalom are now on sale at up to 50% off, bringing many styles in at lowest seen prices. Sale runs through 02/12/2016.