iPods are all the rage these days, and just recently Apple announced its new line of iPods, just in time for the holiday season. Unfortunately, iPods aren't exactly cheap, especially if you want the latest model. To get an iPod at rock-bottom prices, you have to make some sacrifices. Here's where to look.
1. Get the old model. While the new models that just came out are cool and can do more than ever before, the last models were considered top-of-the-line until recently. Which means they're still great. And yet, they're lots cheaper. If you can stand to not have the latest model, look for a good deal on the previous models at places like Amazon and the online Apple Store.
2. Used. If you really want a good deal, get a used iPod. You'll get the cheapest prices, and it's often in excellent condition. Try the best three places for used stuff: Craigslist, eBay, and Amazon. If the seller has a good reputation, you'll probably get a good product at great prices.
3. Refurbished. These iPods are almost as good as new. They were slightly used, and then given new parts in order to make them just like a brand new model. The best place to get a factory reconditioned iPod, with a full 1-year warranty, is directly from Apple.
4. Mr. Dealio. One of the best sites for finding cheap electronics, Mr. Dealio will track the prices of a product for you. Keep an eye on the iPod model you want, and if you're patient, you can find a good deal, even on the latest models.
5. Discounts and Coupons. If you keep an eye on The Bargainist, and get to know who carries new iPods, you can score a great deal with a coupon code. One of the best places to get a discounted iPod is Target.com. They nearly always have some sort of storewide coupon available. For example, right now you can use coupon code TGTAFLAF to save 10% off an entire order — or up to $40 off an iPod.
* Hot deals expire quickly. This deal may no longer be valid.
One of the biggest events ever is happening right over at the Disney Store this weekend. Be prepared to save big with coupon code BOGO1. When used on select toys, clothes, home decor and other merchandise, they can be had a Buy One, Get One for only $1. It's not often sales like this roll around, take advantage of this one right away while quantities are at their best. Sale's ending is 08/24/2014.
Stores: 20x200, 6pm, Amazon, Apple Store, American Eagle, Banana Republic, Best Buy, Buy.com, Dell, Eastbay, eBags, Eddie Bauer, Endless.com, Home Depot, H&R Block, Kohl's, Macy's, Old Navy, Restaurant.com, Sandals, Shoes.com, Target, Tommy Hilfiger, Toys 'R' Us, Urban Outfitters, Wal-Mart (See more)
Tell your friends about The Bargainist!
Grab our widget for your Blog or Facebook!